Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Broke down

Monday, December 28th, 2009, evening

I didn't go home directly after work yesterday. I was meeting my fabulous friend Claire and her mother for dinner @ 7. It wasn't quite enough time to go home, nor was it early enough to go directly there. I ran some errands - Bed, Bath & beyond and my favorite, Goodwill- before heading to the Mission district restaurant, Beretta. On the bus there, we got maybe four stops past the stop at which I had been waiting. We stopped. The passengers wanting that stop got off. And we sat. A noise starting coming from the front of the bus like air coming out of a tire. A lot of air, coming very fast.

We sat for a few moments before the driver announced his supervisor had said to evacuate the bus. Luckily, we were one block away from another bus stop where a 'limited' bus running the same route stopped. I barely had to wait until it stopped. It was then an easy ride to my stop, although we passed a second bus also broken down on the side of the road. On the way home, I got a ride from Claire & her mom, so I didn't risk anymore broken down buses.

No comments:

Post a Comment